What's needed & what we already have
This should be coordinated with the techworx-team. --Briks 03:40, 29 March 2007 (BST)
* computer o 1x for video editing (in nrw) o 2x pc's (in nrw) o 2x pc's (in nrw) * Monitors (in B., all untested) o 1x Infinity NF-564 15 o 2x Fujitsu x154 15 o 1x Nokia 449M 15 o 2x Olivetti CDU 1562 15 o 3x 17 (in nrw) o 1x 17 (in rostock) * Keyboards (in B., all untested) o 2x Keyboards * Mouse (in B., all untested) o 3x PS2-Connector * Cables (in B.,, all untested) o different power-cables (pc) o network-cables (old) * server o a few hp-server (in nrw, details soon)
Audio and Radio Streaming
This part is probably obsolete, since there is an independent radio group, taking care of it's own hardware. --Briks 03:39, 29 March 2007 (BST)
We need a pc, that runs a streaming client and connects to a streaming server anywhere outsite the mediacenter. Content source is either a digital file on this pc or a analog (digital) live stream that arrives the line input of the soundcard.
We need loadbalancing / trafficshaping on the routers, to hold the bandwidth streaming demands.
Audio studio equipment
* 1 x big mixer (behringer MX2442) * 1 x compressor (behringer, 4 lines) * 2 x effect processor
* 1 camera * 2 tripods * 3 (+1) light ( 300 – 500 Watt) + tripod * 3 (+1) controll monitors * 1 Recorder/ Player (for recording and for bringing the signal from dv to laptop) * cables: o 7 S-Video cabels: 3x 15m / 4x 1-2m o 2 (+1) XLR cables 6m o 1 Chinch cabel 2m o 1 DV cabel 0,5 -1m
* 1 camera * 1 sound mixer * 1 tv mixer * 1 headphone * 1 notebook
LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project)
- project page: http://ltsp.org/
- hardware recommendations: http://ltsp.org/documentation/server_suggestions.html
- set up with gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ltsp.xml